Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Homemade Pig Shelter

I have never been much of a builder. Most of my contraptions turn into disasters. But with the cold weather that is now beginning her in the mountains of East Tennessee, my pigs needed my lack of building skills to be set aside in the name of warmth!  
So today, with scrap lumber in hand as well as a $7 piece of plywood I purchased, I built a pig house. 
I drove 4 t-posts in the ground in a slanted position then took an old piece of plywood and my new piece and used some old wire I had to tie them in position. Then with some other scrap plywood, I made a roof. Then with a pallet, I formed the back wall and put boards inside of it to give some wind break. I am going to get a piece of tin to put on the top to make all the plywood last longer but this works for now. 
I won't be constructing mansions anytime soon but I am proud of how this turned out!








No comments:

Post a Comment